Do you have an interesting blog that you want me to know about? If so, email me at kpth123@yahoo.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

IceRocket

The first search site devoted to blogs that I started using was IceRocket. It has a simple interface that looks eerily similar to Google's. If you swapped out the logo and disregarded the link for Blogs, you'd think you were at Google's site instead. Even the result set resembles Google's, with text ads along the righthand side.

The true test of a search engine is whether it can find what you're looking for, so I tried searching for my own blog as well as those of people I know. Sadly, IceRocket did not turn up any of the results I was looking for. Additionally, my searches often showed irrelevant topics in the results. Clearly, IceRocket needs to fine-tune its search engine some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home