Do you have an interesting blog that you want me to know about? If so, email me at kpth123@yahoo.com.

Monday, October 31, 2005

BlogCatalog

Blog searching is still a hit and miss experience, I've found. I'm still looking for one blog search engine that I can rely on most of the time, like I can with Google and the web. With blogs, I need to use an assortment of searches, including Google, IceRocket, and Technorati.

One more blog search I found is BlogCatalog. BlogCatalog's home page displays a directory of topics if you prefer to find a blog by category, or you can perform a text search to find a blog you're looking for. BlogCatalog also features a Popular Blogs section, where you can see the most highly rated and most visited blogs in each section.

The main drawback with BlogCatalog (as with most blog search engines I've looked at) is a lack of coverage. The site only knows about a small percentage of the blogs that are out there, so it can only be yet another tool in my arsenal of blog searches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Thanks for the heads up on this one - just submitted my site.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home