Do you have an interesting blog that you want me to know about? If so, email me at kpth123@yahoo.com.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

MyKinda doesn't pay writers

I've posted before about my troubles with Blogcharm, which eventually shut down at the beginning of this year. It seems like another blog network, MyKinda, is facing a similar fate. According to a Techcrunch article, MyKinda has gone at least half a year without paying its writers and owes about $200,000 total. I don't know how other pay-to-post blog networks are doing, but perhaps this is a sign that the business model doesn't work?

4 Comments:

Blogger Doris said...

The business model only works if someone is buying something somewhere along the line. And if people are only writing in the hope of being paid and visitors are only there to see if they can find something to be paid for it means people just aren't buying (whether from affiliates or as a result of advertising).

As well as the time invested in this I wonder how much money was actually raised and sunk in this project.

Hard.

12:58 PM  
Blogger RoxiticusDH said...

I have recently joined a couple of them (not including MyKinda) with my blog, http://roxiticusdh.blogspot.com, and that does not bode well for their survival. I am not a cutting edge person....once I sign on for something, they go out of business. Do you remember the companies about 8 years ago that would pay you to read e-mails? Gone. About a month after I signed up.

10:16 AM  
Blogger cube said...

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

10:49 AM  
Blogger QiSoftware said...

Have you tried PayPerPost, Smorty or ReviewMe?

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home