Do you have an interesting blog that you want me to know about? If so, email me at kpth123@yahoo.com.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blogs not as important anymore? (part 2)

I recently read another article about blogging's decline titled "Is blogging dead?" It cites the evolution of blogs from trying to connect with an audience to increasing popularity at the expense of integrity. I agree to some extent because I'm definitely seeing a lot more bloggers in it for the money and splattering ads all over their blogs. However, I also believe there is a large segment of the blogging population who are still in it for the enjoyment of blogging. For example, I post to this blog when the urge strikes, and I don't bother with SEO. I suppose it would be nice to have a large audience (and therefore large income), but that's secondary to maintaining the blog. It also explains why I only update this blog a couple of times a month when I feel that I have something to write about, rather than forcing myself to post daily so that search engines will rank it higher.

1 Comments:

Blogger cruzinthegalaxie said...

Here, here... I'm with you on this one.

I blog when I feel like. I do try to consider seo while blogging... but I think about the audience before the search bots.

Blog On, blogger!
-Alex

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home