Do you have an interesting blog that you want me to know about? If so, email me at kpth123@yahoo.com.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Noisy blogs

There are a growing number of blogs that feature videos on their home page. While I think video is great and have done my share of surfing video sharing sites, I get annoyed when blogs play a video when I arrive to the site. I'm often listening to music on my computer when I'm surfing, so when I get to a blog that automatically rolls a video, I get distracting noise blaring in my headphones. I have to find where on the page the video window is and then stop it, assuming a Stop button is even present. Why can't bloggers who put videos on their blogs let the readers choose to start them if they want to??

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. Willis said...

Excellent points. Blogs that play video and/or music as soon as you open them can be annoying (like you I most often play music while blog surfing...like I'm doing right this moment) or even startling (if I'm surfing in wee hours of a sleepless night in an otherwise quiet house :-)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

i agree, too. i already play music through my computer and sometimes, jumping into a blog is a noisy and not always pleasing surprise.

i think everyone knows enough coding to get what they want on their site, but not enough to create buttons to stop the noise.

5:06 PM  
Blogger CraveThought said...

I have a similar post about this, except for it being about music. I hated when visiting myspace that random music and videos would pop up and interloop, creating an atom bomb of audio death.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home