Do you have an interesting blog that you want me to know about? If so, email me at kpth123@yahoo.com.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Blog search engine request

I rarely use blog search engines. The main reason is because when I want to do a blog search, it's to search for a blog that pertains to a topic, not just a single entry. For example, I recently wanted to find some info on the NFL draft in the blogosphere. Using search engines like Google and Technorati, I could find individual entries about the draft, but what I really wanted to find was a blog devoted to football so that I could see what other articles they may have about top college prospects. Instead, what I got were a bunch of one-time posts about the draft in non-football-related blogs. I wish search engines would place more emphasis on the overall theme of the blog rather than target each post individually.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think when most people search they are more interested in finding out a specific topic. It's like if I wanted to find out about Lewis Hamilton I don't want a blog that tells me about Alonso - i'm more interested in something specific.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home